What is SAAC?
The student-athlete advisory committee (SAAC) is a committee made up of student-athletes assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience. The SAAC also offers input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect student-athletes' lives on NCAA member institution campuses.
The mission of the NCAA Division III Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity for all student-athletes; protecting student-athlete welfare; and fostering a positive student-athlete image, while maintaining the tenants of the Division III philosophy.
Functions of SAAC
- Promote communication between athletics, administration, students, and faculty
- Broadcast information regarding relevant topics in the realm of athletics
- Provide feedback and insight into athletics and academic issues
- Generate student-athlete voice within the athletics program involving all teams
- Organize community service projects
- Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation for campus committees
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus
Purposes of SAAC
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the institution;
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the conference;
- Review and respond to proposed NCAA legislation, and;
- Support the campus and conference community through community outreach efforts