The new state-of-the-art athletic training and rehabilitation center is located in The Hill Center, Level 3, near the elevator. The athletic training and rehabilitation center will be open Monday-Friday, from 11:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. for evaluations, rehabilitation, treatments and pre-practice routines.
If any student-athlete has an academic schedule conflict within these hours, s/he can make arrangements to meet at alternate times with the Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC). The training room hours may vary slightly to accommodate game and practice schedules.
The new state-of-the-art athletic training and rehabilitation center is equipped with three adjustable treatment tables, two 110 gal. hot/cold whirlpools, two electrical simulation/ultrasound units, a therapeutic laser unit, large hydrocollator, shaved ice machine, taping station, strengthening equipment, first aid supplies, and an AED.
ATHLETIC TRAINING ROOM RULES AND PROCEDURES
- You must sign in prior to receiving treatment.
- Student-athletes must dress appropriately in athletic training room (T-shirt and shorts) to allow access to receive treatment on the injured area.
- Please leave all bags and sports equipment in your locker prior to entering the room.
- All treatments are to be prescribed and monitored by a Certified Athletic Trainer.
- Student-Athletes requiring any treatment for injuries should make a concerted effort to be in the athletic training room one hour prior to practice and two hours prior to a contest.
- Student-athletes are not permitted to use office phones for personal use. The use of staff desks and computers in the training room is prohibited at all times. CELLPHONE USE IS PROHIBITED due to sensitive therapeutic equipment.
- Food and drinks other than water are not permitted in training room.
- Loitering is prohibited in the training room. Those not receiving treatment will be asked to leave.
- Do not use or touch any of the therapeutic equipment unless instructed to do so by an ATC.
- Any student-athlete told to come in to receive treatment, and fail to show up, may result in not being cleared to participate in practice or contest. Their coach will be notified.