NEW YORK — The St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's basketball traveled to Yeshiva on Thursday night and lost the second half 44-24 to extend their losing streak to a season-high four games. Sophomore forward Stephane Etheart (Hollis, N.Y./St. Francis Prep) led the Bears with a 20-point, 10-rebound double-double, but no other teammate reached double-figures in SJC's 10th league loss of 2017-18.
- Final Score: Yeshiva 76, St. Joseph's 53
- Records: Yeshiva (13-9, 11-6), St. Joseph's (8-14, 7-10)
- Location: New York — Max Stearn Center
- SJC Starters: Willis (G), Sirakis (G), Etheart (F), Etheart (F), Meiner (F)
- Yeshiva used an 11-0 spurt early in the second half (14:26) to obtain their first double-digit lead of the night, 49-38.
How It Happened
- Aaron Parra (Brooklyn, N.Y./Monsignor McClancy) put in four-straight SJC points to put them ahead 10-8 at the 13-minute mark in the first. However, the Macs' Alluf Bar converted an and-one to push his team ahead 26-19 seven minutes later.
- The Bears would not falter, outscoring the hosts 6-0 in the final 1:25 of the half finished off by an Etheart layup, keeping the contest close with a 32-29 score favoring YU at the break.
- Skyline scoring leader Simcha Halpert highlighted Yeshiva's 11-0 run with a deep-ball, and another YU trey at 9:56 extended their advantage to 14 (60-49), and they held SJC scoreless for four minutes down the stretch to earn their seventh-straight win.
For the Bears
- Etheart had a game-high tying 20 points (8-17 FG), while his 10 rebounds were a ggame-high(1 blk, 1 ast).
- Parra added eight points off the bench (4-7 FG) in 22 minutes.
- Senior captain Alec Willis (Staten Island, N.Y./St. Joseph by the Sea) added seven points, four assists, and two steals.
Inside the Box Score
- The Bears attempted a whopping 27 free-throws but only converted 13.
- Yeshiva's reserves stepped up in the victory, scoring 24 points as opposed to SJC's 11.
The Bear Facts
- St. Joseph's (eighth) sits two games out of a playoff spot with three contests remaining.
- Etheart's double-double was his team-leading 10th of the year (three straight) and he's scored in double-figures in 10-straight outings.
Next Up for the Bears
- A trip to Farmingdale for a Skyline battle on Saturday (Feb. 10) at 2 p.m. Live stats and video streaming on SJCBears.com.