PURCHASE, N.Y. — Senior Carlos Mayorga (East Elmhurst, N.Y/St. John's Prep) was victorious again in both singles and doubles extending his unbeaten streak to four, but the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's tennis team dropped a 6-3 non-conference decision to City College of New York on Tuesday night at the Purchase College Tennis Courts.
- Final Score: CCNY 6, St. Joseph's 3
- Records: CCNY (3-4), St. Joseph's (1-2)
- Location: Purchase, N.Y.
- Courts: Purchase College Tennis Courts
How It Happened
- After both being recognized by the Skyline Conference earlier in the week, Carlos Mayorga and Alec Smalley teamed up again at No. 3 doubles and won by a break, 8-6, to secure the lone point in doubles play.
- Entering singles play up 2-1, the Beavers took the No. 2 and No. 3 singles matches before Mayorga defeated Brian Chen. 6-3, 6-1 at No. 5 singles and Nolan Parr was leading 6-4, 5-3 before his opponent retired at No. 4 singles to pull the Bears within one at 4-3.
- Vaso Vukosavovic took the opening set at No. 1 singles and SJC threatened to comeback, but CCNY rallied closing out the match with a win at No. 6 singles and Vukosavovic fell a hard-fought battle at the top of the lineup, 3-6, 6-2, 6-4.
The Bear Facts
- It was the first meeting all-time against CCNY.
Next up for St. Joseph's
The Bears head back to Purchase College to open Skyline Conference play hosting Mount Saint Mary College on Saturday, April 2 at 12 p.m.