HARRISON, N.Y. — Junior Kevin Caicedo (Jackson Heights, N.Y./Monsignor McClancy) forced a third set but the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's tennis team came up empty handed hosting Farmingdale State College in a Skyline Conference match on Sunday afternoon.
- Final Score: Farmingdale State 9, St. Joseph's 0
- Records: Farmingdale State (7-2, 3-0 Skyline), St. Joseph's (1-4, 0-2 Skyline)
- Location: Harrison, N.Y.
- Courts: LifeTime Athletic Club
How It Happened
- The Bears managed just one game off the Rams in doubles play and the visitors continued their dominance in singles.
- Kevin Caicedo dropped the opening set at No. 2 singles, 6-3, but rallied back to take set two by the same margin. But the junior's comeback bid would fall short, also dropping the third set by a 6-3 margin.
- Senior Carlos Mayorga siezed five games off his opponent at No. 6 in a 6-3, 6-2 defeat.
The Bear Facts
- It was the first meeting all-time against Farmingdale State.
Next up for St. Joseph's
The Bears take a break from Skyline Conference play facing CUNYAC foes Lehman College in a road match on Wednesday, April 13th at the APEX Tennis Courts in the Bronx starting at 4 p.m.