NEWBURGH, N.Y. — A streaking Mount Saint Mary College squad won their fourth straight match and kept the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's tennis team off the board for the third straight league match in a 9-0 Skyline Conference decision on Thursday night.
- Final Score: Mount Saint Mary 9, St. Joseph's 0
- Records: Purchase (5-1, 3-1), St. Joseph's (1-4, 0-3)
- Location: Newburgh, N.Y.
- Courts: Kaplan Tennis Courts
- After dropping the opening set of his No. 5 singles match at love, Alec Smalley rallied to force a second-set tiebreaker to try to secure the lone point of the match for the Bears, but the junior couldn't force an extra set falling 7-3 in the tiebreak.
- Vaso Vuksavovic and Shiv Ghai both took a pair of games off their singles opponents in the No. 1 and No. 3 positions, respectively.
- Kevin Caicedo and Matthew Smith teamed up at No. 2 doubles and Alec Smalley and Israel Bautista paired at No. 3 doubles and both tandems fell 8-2 in the opening doubles session.
Next Up for St. Joseph's
- The Bears face Lehman College on Monday, April 17th in a non-conference match starting at 4:30 p.m. in the Bronx.