BROOKLYN, N.Y. — Junior Alec Smalley (Fresh Meadows, N.Y./St. Francis Prep) had three kills and five digs as the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's volleyball team dropped a straight-set loss to borough foe Brooklyn College on Wednesday evening.
- Final Score: Brooklyn def. St. Joseph's, 3-0
- Set Scores: 25-6, 25-15, 25-9
- Records: Brooklyn (3-3), St. Joseph's (0-8)
- Location: Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Arena: West Quad Gym
How It Happened
- The Bears played their closest set of the match in the second set. After falling behind 7-2, SJC pulled within three at 13-10 and the Bears later received back-to-back kills from Andrew Williams to reach 15 points.
- Thomas Ambrosino and Alec Smalley paced the offense with three kills each. Smalley also anchored the defense with five digs and landed one ace.
- Andre Williams followed with two kills against no errors for a .400 hitting effort and also stuffed a solo block.
- Mark Antoun directed the offense dishing out all eight assists.
- Brooklyn had 10 different players register a kill led by Vaughn Titus' eight kills.
Next Up for the Bears
- St. Joseph's continues a stretch of five straight against CUNYAC foes heading to Lehman College for a 7 p.m. first serve in the Bronx.