NEW YORK — Junior Alec Smalley (Fresh Meadows, N.Y./St. Francis Prep) put away two kills and led the defense with six digs, but Baruch College picked up their first win of the season handing the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) a 3-0 defeat on Valentine's Day.
- Final Score: Baruch def. St. Joseph's, 3-0
- Set Scores: 25-6, 25-10, 25-6
- Records: Baruch (1-7), St. Joseph's (0-10)
- Location: New York, N.Y.
- Arena: The ARC
How It Happened
- St. Joseph's took leads in the first two sets taking advantage of Baruch miscues before the Bearcats found their rhythm and took control of each set putting away double-digit kills in each frame.
- Alec Smalley paced the Bears attack with two kills and brought up six of the SJC's 14 digs.
- McNeilsen Saint-Jean had one kill on only five swings and also handed out an assist.
- Thomas Ambrosino also slammed one kill and brought up three digs.
- Mark Antoun handed out two assists and also had three digs. Andre Williams also stuffed a solo block.
- Stephen Roach pounded 11 kills at a .600 clip, also serving up three aces to lead the hosts.
Next Up for the Bears
- The Bears will return to action on Saturday, February 18th for a tri-match hosted by York College. After facing the host Cardinals at 11 a.m., St. Joseph's will square off with Southern Virigina University.