JAMAICA, N.Y. — Junior Thomas Ambrosino (Staten Island, N.Y./New Dorp) paced the attack with eight kills on the afternoon as the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's volleyball team dropped a pair of straight-set decisions to York College and Southern Virginia University on Saturday morning.
- Final Scores: York def. St. Joseph's, 3-0; Southern Virginia def. St. Joseph's, 3-0
- Set Scores vs. York: 25-14, 25-17, 25-12
- Set Scores vs. SVU: 25-10, 25-6, 25-9
- Records: St. Joseph's (1-12), York (2-7), Southern Virginia (10-4)
- Location: Jamaica, N.Y.
- Arena: York College Gym
How It Happened vs. York
- The Bears remained close throughout the early goings of the first set before York scored eight unanswered to pull away for good.
- Thomas Ambrosino had five kills and a block lead the Bears with 5.5 points.
- McNeilsen Saint-Jean had a kill and a block.
- Mark Antoun had six assists and landed two aces.
- Andre Williams and Alec Smalley both added a kill and brought up a match-high 10 digs to lead the defense.
How It Happened vs. Southern Virginia
- A 10-win Knight squad was too much for the Bears as they hit .600 for the match, slamming 34 kills against just four errors and landed 26 aces.
- Ambrosino and Smalley paced the Bears attack with three kills apiece, Smalley also with three digs.
Next Up for the Bears
- St. Joseph's has a week-and-a-half off before returning to action at John Jay College for a non-conference match on March 1 starting at 6 p.m.