NEW YORK — Returning from a two-and-a-half week break, the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's volleyball team concluded a three-game season series with John Jay College, falling in straight sets on Wednesday evening.
Senior Angelo Goutzinopoulos (Astoria, N.Y./St. John's Prep) pounded four kills and had a block to lead the Bears in defeat.
- Final Score: John Jay def. St. Joseph's, 3-0
- Set Scores: 25-9, 25-15, 25-14
- Records: John Jay (7-9), St. Joseph's (1-13)
- Location: New York, N.Y.
- Arena: The Doghouse
How It Happened
- The Bears got off to a slow start never leading in the opening set, but grabbed the lead momentarily in the early parts of sets two and three.
- The hosts had eight different players combine for 31 kills and hit .290 for the match.
- Angelo Goutzinopoulos led the Bears attack for the first time this season falling one kill shy of his season best.
- Thomas Ambrosino added two kills and led the defense with five digs and two blocks.
- Alec Smalley also chipped in two kills and brought up three digs.
- McNeilsen Saint-Jean stuffed a team-high three blocks.
- Mark Antoun handed out eight assists.
- Juan DeJesus landed eight kills and four aces to lead the Bloodhounds.
Next Up for the Bears
- After nine straight road matches, St. Joseph's returns to the Hill Center on Saturday, March 4th to host the College of Staten Island and Rutgers University-Newark in a tri-match starting at 11 a.m.