NEW YORK — The St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's volleyball team couldn't assemble their first winning streak of the season, dropping a straight set decision on the road to the City College of New York on Thursday evening in the third meeting of the season between the two squads.
- Final Score: CCNY def. St. Joseph's, 3-0
- Set Scores: 25-6, 25-14, 25-13
- Records: CCNY (6-10), St. Joseph's (2-16)
- Location: New York, N.Y.
- Arena: Nat Holman Gymnasium
How It Happened
- The hosts raced out to 7-1 leads in each of the first two sets before cruising to the finish.
- The Bears won the first three points of the final set to take a brief early lead and the teams battled for seven ties and three lead changes. With the frame tied at 9-9, CCNY won the next three points and extended to a 7-1 run to stay on top for good.
For the Bears
- Thomas Ambrosino and Angelo Goutzinopoulos led the attack with two kills each. Ambrosino had four digs to lead the defense and Goutzinopoulos chipped in a pair of digs.
- Andre Williams and Alec Smalley both contributed a kill and a solo block each. Smalley shared team-high honors with Ambrosino with four digs.
Next Up for the Bears
- The Bears open Skyline Conference play this weekend facing the College of Mount Saint Vincent and Ramapo College in a Saturday tri-match in Mahwah, N.J. starting at noon. Live stats will be available on SJCBears.com.