ALBANY, N.Y. — Juniors Thomas Ambrosino (Staten Island, N.Y./New Dorp) and Alec Smalley (Fresh Meadows, N.Y./St. Francis Prep) slammed nine kills each as the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's volleyball team slammed a team-best 22 kills over three sets against Yeshiva University, but dropped both ends of a Skyline Conference tri-match also falling to The Sage Colleges on Sunday afternoon in Albany.
- Final Score: Yeshiva def. St. Joseph's, 3-0; Sage def. St. Joseph's, 3-0.
- Set Scores vs. Yeshiva: 25-19, 25-11, 25-11
- Set Scores vs. Sage: 25-5, 25-6, 25-5
- Records: Sage (12-11, 2-1), Yeshiva (5-11, 2-4), St. Joseph's (2-21, 0-3)
- Location: Albany, N.Y.
- Arena: Kahl Gym
How It Happened vs. Yeshiva
- The Bears came out firing for nine kills in the opening set and neither squad jumped ahead by more than three. With the Maccabees clinging on to a 19-17 lead, they won six of the final eight points to take the first set.
- Despite the Bears finishing 22 kills for the match, Yeshiva found their momentum and never trailed over the final two sets.
- Thomas Ambrosino and Alec Smalley led the Bears with six kills each. Ambrosino led the defense with 12 digs.
- McNeilsen Saint-Jean and Angelo Goutzinopoulos chipped in four kills apiece. Andre Williams added two kills along with two solo blocks.
- Mark Antoun distributed 16 assists directing the offense to 22 kills and a .103 hitting percentage, both team season highs for a three-set affair.
How It Happened vs. Sage
- The hosts controlled the match throughout slamming 35 kills and hitting .571 with 11 different Gators recording a kill.
- Thomas Ambrosino and Alec Smalley paced the attack again with three kills each. Ambrosino led the defense again with six digs.
- Andre Williams and Angelo Goutzinopoulos chipped in a kill each and Mark Antoun handed out seven assists.
Next Up for the Bears
- The Bears will head to Purchase College for a Skyline Conference tri-match on Saturday, April 1 against the Panthers and Kean University starting at 10 a.m.