FARMINGDALE, N.Y. — Senior Samantha Simon (Brooklyn, N.Y./Bishop Kearney) scored the lone Bears run as the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) softball team suffered 7-0 and 13-1 setbacks to Farmingdale State College in Skyline Conference action on Sunday afternoon.
- Final Score: Farmingdale State def. St. Joseph's, 7-0 and 13-1 (5 inn.).
- Location: Farmingdale, N.Y.
- Field: FSC Softball Field
- Records: Farmingdale State (11-11, 6-4), St. Joseph's (9-7, 3-5)
Game 1: Farmingdale State 7, St. Joseph's 0
- SJC Starters: Simon (SS), Csikortos (DP) Wainwright (C), Ferrigno (3B), Rossi (LF), Quintana (2B), Gentile (1B), Rancel (RF), Marino (CF), Mahoney (P)
- The Rams jumped out to an early 4-0 lead in the first and never looked back. Farmingdale tacked on solo runs in the third, fourth and fifth innings.
- Rams starter Jaxie Collard held the Bears to just three hits in the contest for the complete-game victory.
- After Kristin Ferrigno and Nicole Quintana led off the second and fifth frames with singles, the Rams stalled any rally erasing the threats with double plays.
- Kristin Ferrigno knocked two of the Bears hits finishing 2-for-3.
- Nicole Quintana also belted a leadoff single in the fifth.
- Madison Erhardt worked the final three innings in relief, holding the Rams to just three hits and one run.
Game 2: Farmingdale State 13, St. Joseph's 1
- SJC Starters: Simon (SS), Csikortos (DP), Wainwright (1B), Ferrigno (3B), Quintana (2B), Baglino (C), Marino (CF), Rossi (LF), Rancel (RF), Armano (P)
- Farmingdale followed suit in the opener posting four runs in the first inning, but the Bears strung together four hits in the bottom half of the frame to score their first run of the day.
- Samantha Simon, Paige Csikortos, and Amber Wainwright led off the first with singles and Simon scored on a one-out base knock from Nicole Quintana, but a lineout double play ended the threat.
- The Rams posted four more runs in the fourth and five in the third to pull away and the Bears could only muster two more hits over the final four innings.
- Paige Csikortos knocked a pair of hits batting 2-for-3.
- Samantha Simon became the 13th Bear in program history to score 100 runs.
- Nicole Quintana drove in the lone run and was the only Bear to hit successfully in both ends of the twin bill.
- Madison Erhardt had another strong relief effort in the circle working three innings, allowing one run (unearned) and surrendering two hits and two walks, striking out two.
Next Up for St. Joseph's
The Bears face York College on Wednesday, April 12 in a non-conference doubleheader at Padavan-Preller Field starting at 3 p.m.