PURCHASE, N.Y. — Freshman Rebecca Bollmann (Broad Channel, N.Y./Monsignor McClancy) bettered her record set last week in the 100-yard breaststroke and swimming his first meet of the season John Kingman (Wilton, Conn./Wilton) collected a pair of wins and a second place finish as the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's and women's swimming teams dropped both ends of a Skyline Conference double dual meet against Mount Saint Mary College and Purchase College.
- Women's Results: Mount Saint Mary def. Purchase College 147-97; Mount Saint Mary def. St. Joseph's, 162-82; Purchase def. St. Joseph's 126-116
- Women's Records: Mount Saint Mary (5-3, 4-0), Purchase (3-3, 2-2), St. Joseph's (1-3, 0-3)
- Men's Results: Mount Saint Mary def. Purchase College 128-75; Mount Saint Mary def. St. Joseph's 144-53; Purchase def. St. Joseph's 100-62
- Men's Records: Mount Saint Mary (3-4, 3-0), Purchase (1-4, 1-2), St. Joseph's (0-3, 0-2)
- Location: Purchase, N.Y.
- Pool: Purchase College Pool
- After setting a program record in the 200-yard medley relay last week, senior Julia Dineen, freshmen Rebecca Bollmann and Jessica Gnad and sophomore Shannon Doherty teamed up again opened the meet with a second-place finish (2:09.71), less than one second shy of their mark set last week.
- Senior John Kingman got the Bears on the board on the men's side with a nearly five-second win in the 200-yard freestyle (1:55.94). He later took first in the 500-yard freestyle (5:27.00) and was edged out by less than a second in the 200-yard individual medley (2:11.14) for first and was the top point collector for the men.
- Freshman Rebecca Bollmann bettered her record in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:20.90) taking third place in the event and also took a second-place finish in the 50-yard breaststroke (36.02).
- Sophomore Shannon Doherty captured second place in the 100-yard butterfly (1:13.61) and added a pair of fourth-place finishes in the 50-yard butterfly (31.43) and 100-yard freestyle (1:02.17).
- Senior Julia Dineen contributed second-place points in the 100-yard backstroke (1:19.90) and third-place points in the 50-yard backstroke (35.60).
- Freshman Valerie Rodriguez chipped in a pair of third-place finishes in the 50-yard freestyle (30.54) and 100-yard backstroke (1:20.34).
Next Up for the Bears
The men's and women's swimming teams will be back in action next weekend for another Skyline Conference double dual at Bronxville, N.Y. facing Sarah Lawrence College and SUNY College at Old Westbury on Saturday, November 19th in a meet starting at 1:30 p.m.