BRONXVILLE, N.Y. — Commencing their 10th women's season and second men's season, the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's and women's swimming teams headed to Sarah Lawrence College on Saturday for their annual Sprint Carnival. The women finished fourth in team rankings while the men did not score in the team competition.
- Women's Team Scores: Sarah Lawrence (193), Fashion Institute (192), SJC Long Island (88), SJC Brooklyn (76), Bard (42), New Rochelle (27), Brooklyn (19)
- Men's Team Scores: Bard (181), Brooklyn (169), New Rochelle (155), Sarah Lawrence (106)
- Location: Bronxville, N.Y.
- Pool: Campbell Sports Center
- Junior Shannon Doherty (Brooklyn, N.Y./Churchill) scored in each of the three events she competed in, tallying 20 of the women's 76 points. Her day was highlighted by a fourth-place finish in the 100-yard freestyle (1:04.83) and a second-place finish in the 100-yard butterfly (1:12.22).
- Sophomore Kathryn Cosenza (Brooklyn, N.Y./Bishop Kearney) received points in all four of her events on the day totaling the second-highest on the team (11). She placed sixth twice, seventh once, while her best performance came in the 100-yard individual medley with a fifth-place finish (1:17.65).
- Fellow second-years Rebecca Bollmann (Broad Channel, N.Y./Monsignor McClancy) and Jessica Gnad (Brooklyn, N.Y./Leon M. Goldstein) had strong showings, notching 10 points each. Bollmann came in third in the 50-yard breaststroke (38.47) and Gnad nabbed her own third-place finish in the 100-yard butterfly (1:14.41).
Next Up for the Bears
- A dual meet at the College of New Rochelle on Saturday (Nov. 4) beginning at 1:30 p.m.