NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. — In their first head-to-head competition of the season, the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's swimming team collected three event victories, but dropped a one-point decision to The College of New Rochelle and fell to sibling rivals SJC Long Island in a non-conference meeting, while the men fell to host CNR on Saturday afternoon.
- Women's Results: New Rochelle def. SJC Brooklyn, 85- 84; SJC Long Island def. SJC Brooklyn 98-65
- Men's Results: New Rochelle def. SJC Brooklyn 114-11
- Location: New Rochelle, N.Y.
- Pool: CNR Wellness Center
- Junior Shannon Doherty (Brooklyn, N.Y./Churchill) won both her individual events taking the 100-yard butterfly in 1:09.67 and the 500-yard freestyle in 6:43.30.
- Sophomore Kathryn Cosenza (Brooklyn, N.Y./Bishop Kearney) broke 30 seconds for the first time in her career clocking in at 29.94 in the 50-yard freestyle for second place.
- Sophomore Juan Sandoval (Ridgewood, N.Y./Christ the King) swam a personal-best 28.45 for third place in the 50-yard freestyle.
- Sophomore Rebecca Bollmann (Broad Channel, N.Y./Monsignor McClancy) swam a personal-best 1:14.80 in the 100-yard individual medley to take second place and added third-place points in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:38.32).
- Freshman Danny Zhang (Brooklyn, N.Y./Leon M. Goldstein) took second place in the 100-yard freestyle in 1:09.77.
- The women's quartet won the opening 200-yard medley relay by 10 seconds in 2:11.07
Next Up for the Bears
- St. Joseph's opens Skyline Conference action with a double-dual meet against Maritime College and Purchase College on Tuesday, November 7 at 6 p.m. in Throggs Neck, N.Y.