NEW YORK — Junior Shannon Doherty (Brooklyn, N.Y./Churchill) collected a victory in the 50-yard freestyle and three Bears swam personal bests, but the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's swimming team dropped a 52-40 decision to Hunter College on Friday evening.
- Final Score: Hunter def. St. Joseph's, 52-40
- Records: Hunter (3-1), St. Joseph's (1-4)
- Location: New York, N.Y.
- Pool: North Pool
- Shannon Doherty (Brooklyn, N.Y./Churchill) captured the lone event victory for the meet, winning the 50-yard freestyle in 27.29. The junior also added second-place points in the 100-yard freestyle (1:01.25).
- Sophomore Jessica Gnad (Brooklyn, N.Y. /Leon M. Goldstein) swam a personal best 2:39.17 in the 200-yard individual medley for second place and the Bears also captured third in the event with Rebecca Bollmann (Broad Channel, N.Y./Monsignor McClancy) following in 2:48.35. Bollmann also came in second place in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:24.51).
- Sophomore Valerie Rodriguez (Woodhaven, N.Y./New Utrecht) posted a personal best 1:16.42 in the 100-yard backstroke for second-place points.
Next Up for the Bears
- The men and women resume Skyline Conference action on Saturday (Nov. 18) in a double-dual in Bronxville against Sarah Lawrence College and SUNY College at Old Westbury.