JAMAICA, N.Y. — The St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's swimming team won their second straight meet defeating York College, 118-65, on Tuesday evening. The men captured two events, but fell to the Cardinals, 130-29.
- Women's Final: St. Joseph's def. York, 118-65
- Women's Records: St. Joseph's (3-5), York (0-7)
- Men's Scores: York def. St. Joseph's, 130-29
- Men's Records: St. Joseph's (0-6), York (2-3-1)
- Location: Jamaica, N.Y.
- Pool: York College Natatorium
- Junior Shannon Doherty (Brooklyn, N.Y./Churchill) won all four events she swam posting individual victories in the 200-meter freestyle (2:39.34), 100-meter freestyle (1:24.60), and 400-meter freestyle (5:52.13) and aiding the 200-yard medley relay squad.
- Sophomores Jessica Gnad (Brooklyn, N.Y./Leon M. Goldstein) and Rebecca Bollmann (Broad Channel, N.Y./Monsignor McClancy) both grabbed the top two spots in the 200-meter individual medley and the 100-meter breaststroke. Gnad won the IM in 2:58.98 while Bollmann won the breaststroke in 1:32.01.
- Sophomore Valerie Rodriguez (Woodhaven, N.Y. / New Utrecht) won her lone individual event, the 100-meter backstroke (1:30.19) and helped both relay squads to victory.
- Sophomore Kathryn Cosenza (Brooklyn, N.Y. / Bishop Kearney) was victorious in the 100-meter freestyle (1:14.71) and siezed second place in the 200-meter free (2:58.86).
- Sophomore Juan Sandoval (Ridgewood, N.Y./Christ the King) won the 50-meter freestyle in 29.97 and added second-place points in the 100-meter freestyle (1:23.52).
- Freshman Danny Zhang (Brooklyn, N.Y./Leon M. Goldstein) collected his first individual win in the 200-yard freestyle.
- Senior Brianna Minogue (Brooklyn, N.Y./Bishop Kearney) nabbed two second-place finishes in the 50-meter free (34.64) and the 100-meter free (1:22.74) and was a part of the winning 200-meter free relay.
Next Up for the Bears
- The Bears have off for Thanksgiving and jump back in the pool on Saturday, December 2 for a Skyline double dual meet against SJC Long Island and Mount Saint Mary at the Danzi Center in Patchogue.