STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — The St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's and women's swimming teams dropped a set of non-conference decisions to the College of Staten Island on Saturday afternoon. Shannon Doherty, Eireann Corbett and Rebecca Bollmann each took individual victories as the women won four events in defeat.
- Final (women): Staten Island 100, St. Joseph's 84
- Records (women): Staten Island (4-7), St. Joseph's (5-8)
- Final (men): Staten Island 142, St. Joseph's 8
- Records (men): Staten Island (4-5), St. Joseph's (0-9)
- Location: Staten Island, N.Y.
- Pool: Sports and Recreation Center
- Junior Shannon Doherty (Brooklyn, N.Y./Churchill) secured the first event win for the Bears in the 100-yard butterfly, touching the wall in 1:12.12 for a 15-second triumph. She also nabbed second in the 50-yard freestyle in 27.57.
- In her first meet of the season Eiranna Corbett (Woodhaven, N.Y./Monsignor McClancy) swam the 500-yard freestyle in 7:20.71 to take first place unopposed.
- Sophomores Rebecca Bollmann (Broad Channel, N.Y./Monsignor McClancy) and Jessica Gnad (Brooklyn, N.Y./Leon M. Goldstein) finished one-two in the 100-yard breaststroke—Bollmann in 1:21.85 and Gnad in 1:25.09. Bollman also seized second in the 200-yard freestyle (2:34.74) while Gnad also added nabbed second in the 200-yard individual medley (2:47.68).
- The quartet of Kathryn Cosenza (Brooklyn, N.Y./Bishop Kearney), Briana Minogue (Brooklyn, N.Y./Bishop Kearney), Grace Penaloza (Woodbridge, Va./C.D. Hylton), and Bollmann closed out the meet with a five-second victory in the 200-yard freestyle relay as the Bears took the last three women's events to close the final deficit.
Next Up for the Bears
- The Bears enter their final week of the season heading to the Bronx to face Lehman College on Monday at 7 p.m.