Jan 19, 2016
|Sage (13-2, 9-0 Skyline)
St. Joseph's (Brooklyn) (5-12, 4-4 Skyline)
|Date/Time:||Wednesday, January 20 • 5:30 p.m.|
|Arena:||The Hill Center|
|Coverage:||Live Stats | Video | Game Program|
|St. Joseph's:||Roster | Schedule | Statistics | NCAA Rankings|
|Sage:||Roster | Schedule | Statistics | NCAA Rankings|
|Skyline:||Standings | Statistical Leaders|
|All-Time Series:||Sage leads 2-0|
|Last Meeting:||Sage won 65-34|
|Date | Location:||12/1/2000 | Troy, N.Y.|
|Streak:||Sage won 2|
The Bear Facts
- Wrapping up non-conference play on Saturday vs. Brooklyn College, the Lady Bears open a stretch of eight league games sitting in a three-way tie for fourth place with a level 4-4 mark.
- SJC looks to snap a two-game skid after building a season-long four-game win streak.
- Sophomore Destiny Marino pours in a Skyline second-best 17.9 points a game, and leads the league in free throw attempts and makes.
- Two-time Rookie of the Week Victoria Porcasi has averaged 19.8 points over the last four games and the sniper now sits atop the Skyline in FT% (87.0) and second in 3-point FG% (38.0)
- Senior Erica Eddy leads the team in minues played and rounds out three averaging double-figures with 10.6 points a game with 4.4 rebounds.
Last Time Out vs. Brooklyn
- SJC erased an 11-point deficit to take the lead momentarily and trailed by just four late in the fourth, but couldn't upend their borough rivals on Saturday.
- Destiny Marino led all scorers with 15 points, seven boards and five steals.
- Kristen Candelaria matched a season-high seven points, grabbing 11 rebounds and swatting away a career-high four shots.
Porcasi Lands on Skyline Honor Roll
- One week removed from collecting her second Rookie of the Week award, the freshman set a new career high with 27 points vs. Old Westbury and netted 14 points with four boards vs. Brooklyn to receive honor roll recognition from the league on Monday.
- SJC and Sage enter tonight's game as the top two teams in the Skyline in three-pointers made with the Gators in the lead at 7.4 treys slightly ahead of the Lady Bears 7.1 trifectas a contest. SJC leads the league in triples attempted hoisting up 451, third most in the country.
- Sage rides a 12-game winning streak into Brooklyn and an unblemished 9-0 league record at the top of the Skyline standings. The Gators have dispatched league foes by an average of 17.8 points, but were given a scare by Mount Saint Mary last week, needing overtime to bypass the Knights at home, 62-58.
- 5-foot-10 sophomore Genevieve Schoff leads the way with 14.7 points and 8.6 rebounds boasting the second-best free throw percentage in the Skyline. Junior Frankie Pearson adds 13.1 points an outing leading the league in three-pointers made and attempted. Both have earned Player of the Week honors.
- 6-foot-1 Krystyn Knockwood provides the inside presence adding 9.4 points, 8.2 rebounds and a Skyline-best 2.2 blocks a game, shooting 53 percent from the field.