Feb 01, 2016
|Mount Saint Vincent (10-8, 7-3 Skyline)
St. Joseph's (Brooklyn) (6-14, 5-6 Skyline)
|Date/Time:||Monday, February 1 • 5 p.m.|
|Arena:||The Hill Center|
|Coverage:||Live Stats | Video | Game Program|
|St. Joseph's:||Roster | Schedule | Statistics | NCAA Rankings|
|Mount Saint Vincent:||Roster | Schedule | Statistics | NCAA Rankings|
|Skyline:||Standings | Statistical Leaders|
|All-Time Series:||Mount Saint Vincent leads 16-10|
|Last Meeting:||CMSV won 89-56|
|Date | Location:||11/30/2015 | Riverdale, N.Y.|
|Streak:||CMSV won 3|
The Bear Facts
- With five games remaining in the regular season, the Lady Bears sit in a tie for fifth place with Farmingdale in playoff contention holding a 1.5 game lead over SJC Long Island in seventh place.
- SJC looks to ride the momentum of a record-setting win over Purchase College on Saturday where they posted new highs in points scored (96) and three-pointers made (16) on a very successful Play 4Kay fundraiser. Thanks to all who attended and supported the team's efforts.
- The Lady Bears try to split the the season series with the Dolphins after dropping the first meeting in late November. Destiny Marino led the losing effort with 16 points and Brittany Cervino came off the bench to score 12.
- Destiny Marino pours in a Skyline third-best 17.5 points a game, and leads the league in free throw attempts and makes. The one-time Player of the Week also ranks third in steals, swiping 2.5 an outing.
- Two-time Rookie of the Week Victoria Porcasi led the team in scoring on Monday with 21 points, her fifth 20-point game this season. The sniper still sits atop the Skyline in FT% by 7.4 percent (85.2) and is third in 3-point FG% (38.1).
- Senior Erica Eddy continues a hot streak shooting 65% (13-20) from three-point land and 47.5% (19-40) from the field averaging 17.7 points over the last three games.
- After their program record 16 trifectas on Saturday, SJC continues to lead the Skyline in three-pointers made (7.8; #13 in D3), three-pointers attempted (27.6; #5 in D3) and free throws made (14.6; #20 in D3).
- Destiny Marino's Skyline-leading 137 free throws attempted ranks #8 in the nation.
- The defending Skyline Conference champions come into the Hill Center as winners of three of their last four and winners of four straight Skyline games.
- The Dolphins come off a 92-73 victory over Farmingdale on Saturday to solidify a third place standing, one game over Mount Saint Mary and two games behind Old Westbury.
- Mount Saint Vincent posses the third most potent offense in the league with a balanced offense that has four Dolphins averaging at least nine points a game and connecting on 39.9 percent of their attempts, second best in the league.
- Christina Barone, a First-Team All-Skyline honoree last season, leads the team with 11.2 points and a league second-best 5.3 assists a game.
- Kristen Merrell comes in scoring just under double figures at 9.9 a game while Brittany Carroll, a Second-Team All-Skyline selection last year, adds 9.3 points.
- When the teams met last November, Merrell led all scorers with 18 points and 9 rebounds.