JAMAICA, N.Y. — Missing several key starters, the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's soccer team held Purchase College to just one goal in the first half but suffered a 7-0 defeat to Purchase College on Saturday afternoon at Belson Stadium, home of St. John's University.
- Final Score: Purchase 7, SJC Brooklyn 0
- Records: Purchase (4-3-2), St. Joseph's (1-3)
- Location: Jamaica, N.Y. – Belson Stadium
How It Happened
- Purchase controlled possession for most of the game and despite a 22-0 shot advantage in the opening half, entered into the lockers up only one on Nina Brennan's header off a corner kick.
- The second half saw the Panthers erupt for six goals as the Bears stayed on the defensive and surrendered 24 more shots.
For the Bears
- Kristen Candelaria finished with 17 saves in defeat facing 46 shots.
The Bear Facts
- Purchase has won both meeting in the series that started last season.
Next up for St. Joseph's
The Bears are slated to return to the field on Monday, October 10 to face City College of New York in a road game at Aviator Field starting at 5 p.m.