STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — Looking to match the longest win streak in program history, the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's soccer team couldn't upend a one-loss College of Staten Island squad, dropping a 3-0 decision on Saturday afternoon. Lauren Quesada (Westbury, N.Y./St. Francis Prep) made 13 saves in defeat.
- Final Score: Staten Island 3, St. Joseph's 0
- Records: Staten Island (6-1-1), St. Joseph's (3-2)
- Location: Staten Island, N.Y.
How it Happened
- The Dolphins drew first blood seven minutes in as Brittany Bornstad found the top right shelf with a bending shot--the first of the game for the hosts.
- A Susan Aracena header in the 31st minute off a corner kick sent Staten Island into the lockers up 2-0 and holding a 9-2 shot advantage.
- The Dolphins turned up the pressure in the second stanza firing off 19 shots, but Lauren Quesada made 10 saves and only allowed one ball past her.
For the Bears
- Quesada finished with 13 saves in defeat as the Bears faced a 28-3 shot discrepancy.
- Deserae Sequeira (Clark, N.J./Arthur L. Johnson), Christine Emigholz (East Elmhurst, N.Y./St. John's Prep) and Anisah Molic (Staten Island, N.Y./Susan Wagner) recorded a shot each.
The Bear Facts
- Their win streak snapped at three, the Bears fall one win shy of matching the program-best streak, set twice previously in 2012 and 2014.
- Despite the 3-0 loss, Staten Island has taken 10-0 (2015) and 9-0 (2016) victories in the two previous meetings.
Up next for the Bears
- St. Joseph's hosts Medgar Evers College on Monday (Sep. 25) at Aviator Field in their final non-conference test before opening Skyline Conference play. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. with live stats and video available on SJCBears.com.