BROOKLYN, N.Y. — Freshmen Deserae Sequeira (Clark, N.J./Arthur L. Johnson) and Anisah Molic (Staten Island, N.Y./Susan Wagner) scored four goals apiece, as the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's soccer team dominated Medgar Evers College, 12-0, in a non-conference showdown Monday night.
- Final Score: St. Joseph's 12, Medgar Evers 0
- Records: St. Joseph's (4-2), Medgar Evers (1-6)
- Location: Brooklyn, N.Y. — Aviator Field
How It Happened
- It didn't take long for the Bears' offense to catch steam. In the fourth minute, Sequeira notched her 10th goal of the year from six yards out to give SJC a 1-0 edge.
- The team goals leader didn't wait long for number 11, as three minutes later Sequeira received a pass about two yards in front of the goal for an easy tap-in. Molic joined the goal party in the 16th minute, receiving a cross and doing the rest herself for an early 3-0 lead.
- Sequeira tacked on an assist a minute later, setting up freshman Rachel Rocha (Linden, N.J./Linden) for a breakaway up the middle and a 4-0 lead only 17 minutes into action.
- Molic would go on to score two straight SJC goals, meanwhile, Medgar Evers still hadn't attempted a single shot.
- Senior Joselyn Guaman (Brooklyn, N.Y./Brooklyn International) notched her first career goal in the 39th minute to put the Bears up 8-0 in a game that was decided before the first 45 minutes concluded.
- Another Bear picked up her first collegiate score, as freshman Gabriela Mandelli (New York, N.Y./Manhattan Hunter Science) launched a 15-yarder over the outstretched hands of the Cougar keeper and into the back of the net, pushing the St. Joseph's lead to 11-0 in a no-doubt victory.
For the Bears
- Sequeira picked up her third hat trick of 2017 and Molic picked up her second. Both handed out two assists each along with Rebecca De Rosa (Ronkonkoma, N.Y./Connetquot) to lead SJC.
- Sophomore Lauren Quesada (Westbury, N.Y./St. Francis Prep) scored her second goal of the year, as well as posting a shutout the first half in goal and earning the win in net.
- Mandelli, Guaman, and Rocha each had a single goal.
- Lisa Loschiavo (Malverne, N.Y./Valley Stream North) registered a point with an assist.
The Bear Facts
- SJC improves to 6-0 in the all-time series, the Bears scoring in double digits in all six victories.
- The Bears are now 2-1 versus the CUNYAC this season, having defeated York (Sep. 9) and falling to Staten Island (Sep. 23).
- The Bears have outscored the opposition 37-0 in all four wins this season.
Next Up for the Bears
- The Skyline opener and a rivalry matchup, taking on sister school SJC Long Island on Wednesday (Sep. 27) at Danzi Stadium in Patchogue at 7 p.m. Live stats and video will be available at SJCBears.com.