BROOKLYN, N.Y. — Anisah Molic (Staten Island, N.Y./Susan Wagner) set a St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's soccer team record with seven goals on Tuesday. Her and fellow rookie Deserae Sequeira (Clark, N.J./Arthur L. Johnson) (five goals) combined for all 12 of the Bears goals as they stormed past Yeshiva University for an important league triumph.
- Final Score: St. Joseph's 12, Yeshiva 0
- Records: St. Joseph's (7-6, 3-4), Yeshiva (1-8, 0-7)
- Location: Brooklyn, N.Y. — Aviator Field
How It Happened
- The Bears stormed ahead early, with Sequeira chipping the ball ahead to Molic who knocked it around the advancing keeper for a 1-0 13th minute lead. Three minutes later Molic returned the favor, crossing it to Sequeira who finished the job to push the lead to 2-0.
- Molic went on to score three straight goals in a 10-minute span (20', 24', 28'), and Sequeira notched two more before the half (44', 45') to essentially put the game out of reach, 7-0.
- St. Joseph's attacking duo didn't slow down after the break, connecting on a close-range netter (Molic to Sequeira) for their eighth goal of the contest. Then, in the 56th minute, Sequeira lined up a corner kick and bent the ball perfectly around the keeper for her fifth goal on the night.
- Three subsequent Molic goals (65',69',89'), with her record-setter coming unassisted from 15 yards, secured a 12-0 Bears' win.
For the Bears
- Molic's seven goals came on 14 shots (11 on goal), and she dished out two assists as well, notching another SJC record with 16 points.
- Sequeira set a Bears' record of her own with 19 shots, as she came away with five goals and three assists.
- Sophomore goalie Lauren Quesada (Westbury, N.Y./St. Francis Prep) earned her fourth solo shutout of the season, saving the only shot she saw on goal.
The Bear Facts
- Molic's seven goals and 16 points tied the Division III game highs this season.
- The Bears now sit at 3-4, which puts them in a three-way tie for fifth place in the Skyline with Purchase State and Sarah Lawrence.
- SJC fired 52 shots in total, setting yet another program record.
Next Up for the Bears
- An important conference battle, traveling to Purchase State on Saturday (Oct. 21). SJC is tied with Purchase for fifth in the league. Kick-off is 11 a.m. with live stats available at SJCBears.com.