BROOKLYN, N.Y. — Six different Bears put away multiple kills and the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's volleyball team never trailed in a convincing straight-set triumph over The King's College (N.Y) on Thursday night.
- Final Score: St. Joseph's 3, King's (NY) 0
- Set Scores: 25-11, 25-7, 25-21
- Records: St. Joseph's (7-6), King's (0-8)
- Location: Brooklyn, N.Y. — The Hill Center.
How It Happened
- Four kills from Elizabeth Quahliero, three kills from Valentina Urgo and four aces from Alanna Palomino powered a 25-11 opening set win where SJC committed just one attack error and hit .333 (10-1-27).
- SJC steamrolled through the second set racing out to a 6-0 lead and never turning back. The Bears continued their efficient ways hitting .310 (12-3-29) in the frame, led by four kills from Urgo and Caitlyn Staab's three kills and two blocks that helped account for four of the final SJC points.
- King's came alive in the final frame, forcing five ties, but couldn't overtake the Bears. With the set level at 12-all, SJC's 7-1 run built a sizeable lead that the Lions could only bring back to four. Quahliero finished with four kills in the finale and added a pair of aces to put away the game.
For the Bears
- Freshman Elizabeth Quahliero pounded nine kills at a career-best .350 (9-2-20) and served up six aces to lead all players with 15.0 points.
- Freshman Valentina Urgo slammed seven kills with two aces and had a team-high-tying nine digs.
- Senior Samantha Cacace dropped six kills against just one error for a .263 hitting night. She also shared team-high honors Urgo and Nina DiCioccio with nine digs.
- Alanna Palomino handed out 27 assists on the Bears 32 kills, finishing with her eighth 20-plus assist effort
The Bear Facts
- 31 of the Bears 32 kills game assisted as the team hit a combined .321 over the first two sets.
- The Bears finished with double-digit kills in each set.
- St. Joseph's improves to 4-1 in the all-time series and wins their second straight over King's.
- SJC moves above the .500 mark for the fourth time this season.
Next up for St. Joseph's
The Bears return to Skyline Conference action this Sunday, October 16th heading to Riverdale, N.Y. to face the College of Mount Saint Vincent and The Sage Colleges in a tri-match starting at 1 p.m. Live stats will be available on SJCBears.com.