BRONX, N.Y. — Senior Rebecca Ramirez (Woodhaven, N.Y./St. Francis Prep) and sophomore Justin Russell (Saline, Mich./Saline) were the top runners for St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) as the men's and women's cross country teams continued their season at the Queensborough CC Invitational on Sunday at Van Cortlandt Park.
- Senior Rebeca Ramirez finished first for the SJC with a time of 25:25 in 71st place overall in the deep field of 205 runners.
- Junior Shannon Doherty (Brooklyn, N.Y./Churchill) cross second for the Bears in 78th place, clocking in a 25:55.
- Senior Joselyn Guaman (Brooklyn, N.Y./Brooklyn International) finished in 29:33 (145th place) in her first collegiate race.
- Maya Bayliss (32:32, 177th place) and Tamarre Phajou (34:56, 186th place) completed the scoring five.
- The Bears finished in 19th place in the 27-team field.
- Sophomore Justin Russell paced the Bears for the second straight race with a time of 34:31, good for 115th place.
- Freshman Danny Zhang (Brooklyn, N.Y./Leon M. Goldstein) was the second SJC harrier across the line in 47:52.
Next up for the Bears
- SJC heads to Brookville, N.Y. to compete in the LIU Post Invitational on Saturday, September 23 starting at 10:30 a.m.