BRONX, N.Y. — Seniors Rebecca Ramirez (Woodhaven, N.Y./St. Francis Prep) and Alec Willis (Staten Island, N.Y./St. Joseph by the Sea) were the top finishers for the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's and women's cross country as they returned to Van Cortlandt Park for the York College Invitational on Sunday.
- Senior Rebeca Ramirez fell short of her personal best set last week by three seconds, finishing the 6K loop in 28:32 for 20th place.
- Sophomore Daniella Alva (Brooklyn, N.Y./Bishop Kearney) crossed second for the Bears in her first race of the season, posting a time of 36:02 in 65th place.
- Alec Willis led the Bears to a 13th-place team finish out of 19 teams. His 4.97-mile time 33:51 was good for 30th place.
- Sophomore Justin Russell (Saline, Mich./Saline) was the second Bear across the finish line in 44th place overall, finishing in 34:46.
- Christian Guaraca (37:56), Juan Sandoval (47:20), and Danny Zhang (47:51) rounded out the scoring five for the Bears.
Next up for the Bears
- SJC Brooklyn heads to Sunken Meadow Park on Saturday (Oct. 14) to compete in the SJC Long Island Invitational in their final tune-up before the Skyline Championships.